Position: Associate Commercial Breeder (Pullman, WA)
Reports to: Director of Commercial Breeding
We’re revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Come grow with us.
Phytelligence is an agricultural biotech company that is revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Our proprietary MultiPHY™ technology produces healthier plants which yield fruit faster, at the quantities growers need. Given worldwide food production challenges, we’re inspired by the potential to significantly impact global food supply by helping growers increase their crop yield with fewer resources.
Feel the satisfaction of making a difference. The work we love to do has a direct influence on the future of agriculture and the success of the company. Help define your future and ours as we scale the company for global impact. We’re just getting started, and the possibilities are endless.
Position summary: Working with the Head of Commercial Breeding, this position is responsible for developing and evaluating novel varieties for various crops to determine the potential for commercialization.
- Develop crossing plans, perform crosses and seedling populations. Perform phenotyping and genotyping for selecting desirable individuals.
- Develop genetic resources and populations for development and deployment of molecular markers.
- Work with genetics team to utilize molecular markers for parents and seedling selection
- Work with customer priorities to identify desirable traits and strategies to integrate them into commercial releases.
- Assist in planning, budgeting, and managing assigned breeding programs at Phytelligence
- Lead or assist in grant writing for any commodity or commercialization related grant opportunities
- Ph.D. in plant sciences or genetics with a track record of developing and/or commercializing new crop varieties
- Demonstrated experience with apple, pear, cherry or grape plants
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and collaborate with a team
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and make decisions in a timely manner
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com