We’re revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Come grow with us.
Phytelligence is an agricultural biotech company that is revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Our proprietary MultiPHY™ technology produces healthier plants which yield fruit faster, at the quantities growers need. Given worldwide food production challenges, we’re inspired by the potential to significantly impact global food supply by helping growers increase their crop yield with fewer resources.
Feel the satisfaction of making a difference. The work we love to do has a direct influence on the future of agriculture and the success of the company. Help define your future and ours as we scale the company for global impact. We’re just getting started, and the possibilities are endless.
Position summary: Phytelligence is looking for a bioinformatician to join our team. This is a multi-disciplined position designed to help with the development, deployment and support of our genetic reference databases and bioinformatics tools to support plant breeding of horticultural food crops.
- Assist in de novo assembly of genomic sequences
- Partner with scientific staff to gather requirements for a genomic reference database
- Design, develop and test genomic reference database
- Build searchable genomic reference database for horticultural crops that displays “pan” genomes for several species that includes
- Link genomic sequence with genetic map
- Annotate known and predicted genes
- Transcript data
- Presence absence variation between genomes
- Work with genomic scientists and plant breeders to develop tools to support use of genomic information in plant breeding systems
- Deploy bioinformatics tools to support QTL and association mapping
- Deploy bioinformatics tools to support genomic selection
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, genomics, molecular biology or related field, or master’s degree plus 10+ years of experience in a related field.
- Deep understanding of bioinformatics, molecular biology and genomics
- Prior success with genome sequencing projects, molecular genetic mapping and development of genome browsers
- Familiarity with genome assembly software
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl or Python
- Strong project management skills
- Curious and analytical mindset
- Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple priorities while providing excellent customer service
- Responds creatively and simply to continuous change and steady growth environment
- Solutions-oriented team player with high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Seeks out information, training, and other resources needed to facilitate continual professional development necessary to be successful in this position
- Excellent work ethic, initiative, self-motivation, and ability to work independently and with teams
- Strong and clear communicator (written and verbal)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where the primary focus is on simplification and customer satisfaction.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com