Position: Country General Manager, India
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Business Development
Position Summary: This position is responsible for managing Phytelligence’s partnership and business interests in India. The candidate will be responsible for working with our partner, Mahyco, and building upon our collaboration.
- Responsible for Phytelligence’s overall success in India including crops sold, crops introduced into India, business outcomes, intellectual property, regulatory concerns, and joint venture relationship
- Participate in the development of annual financial projections for Phytelligence in India and ensure that these projections are met
- Development of a strategy with EVP of Business Development to engage the Government of India, World Bank and NGO’s to educate and communicate the benefits of the Mahyco strategic relationship to significantly improve the availability of horticulture materials to farmers in India
- Engage with our strategic partner(s) in India to ensure Phytelligence’s interests are addressed and adhered to with regard to the joint venture agreement
- Ensure strategic partners follow through on financial transactions as stipulated in the contract(s) with strategic partner(s)
- Ensure strategic partner(s) execute on human resources for sales, marketing, customer service support, and invoicing and bill collection to meet annual financial goals of the relationship and the goals Phytelligence has for their India operations
- Interact with the Indian government as the first point of contact regarding legal/regulatory/intellectual property issues
- Ensure protection of our intellectual property by introducing practices and procedures that mitigate risk
- Ensure Phytelligence genetics and breeding knowledge is utilized to introduce existing global varieties of crops and develop new varieties for the Indian market.
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- 10+ years of experience as Country Manager or GM of an international agricultural partnership in India
- Excellent oral and written communication, skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team
- Ability to ensure financial agreements are met
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and make decisions in a timely manner
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org