Position: Genomics Research Scientist
Reports to: Vice President of Genomics
Position Purpose: Assist in the projects related to genome assembly and database development.
We’re revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Come grow with us.
Phytelligence is an agricultural biotech company that is revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Our proprietary MultiPHY™ technology produces healthier plants which yield fruit faster, at the quantities growers need. Given worldwide food production challenges, we’re inspired by the potential to significantly impact global food supply by helping growers increase their crop yield with fewer resources.
Feel the satisfaction of making an impact. The work we love to do has a direct impact on the future of agriculture and the success of the company. We’re still small (but mighty) and everyone’s contribution makes a difference. Help define your future and ours as we scale the company for global impact. We’re just getting started, and the possibilities are endless.
- Scope and plan genome sequencing projects
- Source plant material, perform DNA isolation and quality control, and coordinate sequencing of the selected genotypes
- Assist and participate in genome assembly and database development
- Prioritize projects based on resources available and sales team commitments
- Ensure that protocols and SOPs are appropriately followed
- Ensure that reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Identify staffing needs, and hire and train staff as needed.
- Ph.D. in genomics, molecular biology or related field, or Masters plus 10+ years of experience in a related field.
- Deep understanding of molecular biology and genomics to develop, execute, and troubleshoot protocols
- Experience in genome sequencing projects
- Familiarity with genome assembly software execution
- Project Management
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and lead a team
- Curious and analytical mindset
- Strong understanding of the scientific method