Position: Genomics Research Scientist
Reports to: Vice President of Genomics
Position Purpose: Assist in the projects related to genome assembly and database development.
- Scope and plan genome sequencing projects
- Source plant material, perform DNA isolation and quality control, and coordinate sequencing of the selected genotypes
- Assist and participate in genome assembly and database development
- Prioritize projects based on resources available and sales team commitments
- Ensure that protocols and SOPs are appropriately followed
- Ensure that reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Identify staffing needs, and hire and train staff as needed.
- Ph.D. in genomics, molecular biology or related field, or Masters plus 10+ years of experience in a related field.
- Deep understanding of molecular biology and genomics to develop, execute, and troubleshoot protocols
- Experience in genome sequencing projects
- Familiarity with genome assembly software execution
- Project Management
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and lead a team
- Curious and analytical mindset
- Strong understanding of the scientific method