Position: Greenhouse Facilities Maintenance Technician (Burien, WA)
Reports to: Greenhouse Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for performing daily repairs and routine maintenance of greenhouse equipment, transportation equipment and general grounds maintenance at greenhouse facility. Phytelligence is seeking a Greenhouse Facilities Maintenance Technician experienced in greenhouse operations to support high-throughput plant production at our greenhouse facility in Burien, Washington.
- Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day to day maintenance of the equipment
- Manage repair and maintenance project and facility improvements by effectively coordinating and planning all tasks in advance of beginning any project. Coordinate efforts with production and other affected departments.
- Ensure clean grounds and impressions (curb appeal)
- Continually support and improve maintenance services that effectively address problems affecting both equipment and staff.
- Be available for any emergencies and act in a maintenance capacity during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the facility to its normal operating status. To inform maintenance Management of any such emergencies.
- Be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others.
- Read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges, and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur.
- Neatness and cleanliness of the maintenance shop and all areas under the direct control of the department.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to the risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The employee occasionally works in high places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions as well as extreme heat.
- A knowledge of daily greenhouse operations related to controlled environments including but not limited to: lighting, heating, cooling, humidification, irrigation, tractor/forklift operation, and greenhouse controllers is highly desired.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.