Global Director of Sales – Berries
Reports To: Head of Sales
Position Summary: The Sales Representative will generate new accounts for the berry product lines and maximize potential income from each new client. This position collaborates with Customer Service, Accounting, and Marketing to ensure Phytelligence delivers high-quality plants to our customers. Additionally, the Director of Sales assists on upselling existing clients.
- Aggressively pursue growers as new customers for Phytelligence to propagate rootstock and varieties in berries.
- Discover, inherit, qualify, and pursue leads through cold calling, networking, or other lead generation methods to establish contact and secure face time with customers who are qualified and would benefit from our products.
- Deliver contract and close the deal as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Collaborate with Customer Service and Accounting to ensure accurate and timely delivery of product and services.
- Assist Customer Service with the upsell of new orders from existing clients
Experience and Competencies:
- Agricultural sales experience with a history of success selling to growers
- The ability to establish productive business relationships as well as sell product quickly and efficiently
- Prefer deep knowledge of the challenges and opportunities faced by growers in the berries segment of the market
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency to find and close the deal
- The ability to build relationships and communicate effectively.
- The ability to lead the charge for sales, yet collaborate internally to provide the best customer experience
- Possession of a grower network or demonstrated ability to build one in a timely manner
We provide a highly competitive base salary, compensation plan, and options program.
To apply, please provide a list of sales experience, deals closed, size, descriptions, and summary along with a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.