Title: Greenhouse Scientist – Horticulture
Reports to: Global Director of Greenhouse Operations
We’re revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Come grow with us.
Phytelligence is an agricultural biotech company that is revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Our proprietary MultiPHY™ technology produces healthier plants which yield fruit faster, at the quantities growers need. Given worldwide food production challenges, we’re inspired by the potential to significantly impact global food supply by helping growers increase their crop yield with fewer resources.
Feel the satisfaction of making an impact. The work we love to do has a direct impact on the future of agriculture and the success of the company. We’re still small (but mighty) and everyone’s contribution makes a difference. Help define your future and ours as we scale the company for global impact. We’re just getting started, and the possibilities are endless.
Position Purpose: Ensuring that optimal growth protocols are evaluated and implemented for all plants in the greenhouse
- Collaborate with Greenhouse Manager to streamline GH processes and improve plant quality
- Collaborate with Production Scientists to ensure smooth transition of plants from the Lab to the GH
- Identify opportunities to improve existing growth protocols and develop and implement solutions based on scientific experiments
- Stay abreast of new technologies within the industry. Evaluate and implement those that will be cost-effective and enhance GH productivity
- Organize Grower Workshops and training to improve GH technicians knowledge and technique
- Contribute horticulture expertise to the process of establishing new GH facilities
- Masters or Ph.D. in agronomy, horticulture or related plant science field plus five years of industry experience in a high throughput nursery or GH propagation facility
- Ability to independently design, conduct, analyze and report experiments
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to quickly establish strong working relationships across geographies
- Provide direction and oversight to assigned GH technicians
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com