Position: HR Manager
We’re revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Come grow with us.
Phytelligence is an agricultural biotech company that is revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Our proprietary MultiPHY™ technology produces healthier plants which yield fruit faster, at the quantities growers need. Given worldwide food production challenges, we’re inspired by the potential to significantly impact global food supply by helping growers increase their crop yield with fewer resources.
Feel the satisfaction of making an impact. The work we love to do has a direct impact on the future of agriculture and the success of the company. We’re still small (but mighty) and everyone’s contribution makes a difference. Help define your future and ours as we scale the company for global impact. We’re just getting started, and the possibilities are endless.
We are looking for a skilled HR manager to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes. Reporting directly to the Chief HR Officer, you will support business needs and ensure the proper implementation of corporate strategy and objectives for our rapidly growing company.
The goal is to promote corporate values and enable business success through human resources management, including legal compliance management, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, talent management, and facilities management services.
* Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; directing the processing of benefit claims; coordinating the presentation of educational programs on benefit programs.
* Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
* Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
* Maintains historical human resource records by managing HRIS content and ensuring the accuracy of past and current records.
* Report out to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
* Assisting with the resolution of employee relations issues as needed.
* Develop, oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
* Partner with recruiting on the development of job requirements, job descriptions, and equitable compensation parameters.
* Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees as needed.
* Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* A minimum of ten years of progressive experience in HR roles which ideally include small and large companies.
* Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
* Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
* Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
* In-depth knowledge of employment laws and practices, and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney.
* Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
* People oriented and results driven
* Prior experience with HR systems and databases and an understanding of HR metrics/reporting needs.
* Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
* Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
* BS/MS degree in Human Resources or related field
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com