Position: Media Lead
Reports to: Director of Lab Operations
We’re revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Come grow with us.
Phytelligence is an agricultural biotech company that is revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Our proprietary MultiPHY™ technology produces healthier plants which yield fruit faster, at the quantities growers need. Given worldwide food production challenges, we’re inspired by the potential to significantly impact global food supply by helping growers increase their crop yield with fewer resources.
Feel the satisfaction of making a difference. The work we love to do has a direct influence on the future of agriculture and the success of the company. Help define your future and ours as we scale the company for global impact. We’re just getting started, and the possibilities are endless.
Position summary: This position will manage a team producing plant micropropagation media safely and efficiently in a high-throughput production environment.
- Lead media team, providing supervision and feedback to media team members
- Ensure media production is safe, accurate, efficient and on time
- Develop and implement a thorough media quality control program
- Provide technical knowledge in designing and establishing a high throughput media production system
- Lead the development of SOPs related to media making methods
- Interact with scientist staff in vetting new media formulations and developing related methods
- Evaluate and implement continuous process improvements for the media production process
- Troubleshoot problems that arise and provide clear direction for resolution, providing evidence-based root cause analysis when appropriate
- Develop a thorough communications plan for media team activity
- Maintain chemical inventory, ensure safe chemical handling and storage procedures are in full compliance with state and federal regulations
- Order chemicals and supplies for media production
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus a minimum of two years’ experience managing media production
- Clear understanding of chemical hygiene and safety
- Clear understanding of sterile technique
- Ability to provide motivation and clear direction
- Ability to troubleshoot and make thoughtful, timely decisions
- Ability to evaluate performance and clearly communicate successes and opportunities for improvement to team members
- Ability to quickly communicate concerns to Lab Director and Scientific staff
- Excellent time management skills
- Follow all safety procedures
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com