Position: Shipping Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Greenhouse in Burien, WA and corporate office in Seattle depending on delivery season needs.
We’re revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Come grow with us.
Phytelligence is an agricultural biotech company that is revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Our proprietary MultiPHY™ technology produces healthier plants which yield fruit faster, at the quantities growers need. Given worldwide food production challenges, we’re inspired by the potential to significantly impact global food supply by helping growers increase their crop yield with fewer resources.
Feel the satisfaction of making an impact. The work we love to do has a direct impact on the future of agriculture and the success of the company. We’re still small (but mighty) and everyone’s contribution makes a difference. Help define your future and ours as we scale the company for global impact. We’re just getting started, and the possibilities are endless.
Position Purpose: This position will manage and implement the accurate, timely and successful logistics of preparing and delivering customer orders, both domestic and international, including coordinating the activities of workers responsible for picking product and preparing for shipping and ensuring customer delivery.
- Ensure the scheduling and execution of domestic and international customer shipments and deliveries.
- Schedule and communicate with all domestic and international third-party logistics companies for shipping and delivery.
- Ensure accurate labeling of all rootstocks and plants in the greenhouse prior to delivery.
- Ensure right packaging and availability of packaging material
- Prepare the paperwork required for the shipment
- Manage the shipment related data in ERP
- Communicate with customers to coordinate the status and scheduling of their order delivery.
- Communicate all shipments and deliveries to accounting, ensuring all invoices are accurately finalized and sent.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing all aspects of shipping domestic and international orders
- Customer service orientation and skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized
- Proficiency with Excel and ERP systems
- Knowledge of tree fruits and agricultural crops preferred but not necessary