Position: Global Vice President of Sales, Citrus
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Sales
We’re revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Come grow with us.
Phytelligence is an agricultural biotech company that is revolutionizing the way food crops are grown. Our proprietary MultiPHY™ technology produces healthier plants which yield fruit faster, at the quantities growers need. Given worldwide food production challenges, we’re inspired by the potential to significantly impact global food supply by helping growers increase their crop yield with fewer resources.
Feel the satisfaction of making an impact. The work we love to do has a direct impact on the future of agriculture and the success of the company. We’re still small (but mighty) and everyone’s contribution makes a difference. Help define your future and ours as we scale the company for global impact. We’re just getting started, and the possibilities are endless.
Position summary: The Global Vice President of Citrus Sales will sell citrus varieties of rootstock, spring buds, and whips to citrus tree growers around the world, generating new customers for and maximizing income from each new client. This position collaborates with Customer Service, Accounting, and Marketing to ensure Phytelligence delivers high-quality plants to our customers. Additionally, the Vice President of Sales assists on upselling existing clients.
- Aggressively pursue growers as new customers for Phytelligence to propagate root stock and varieties in citrus.
- Discover, inherit, qualify, and pursue leads through cold calling, networking, or other lead generation methods to establish contact and secure face time with customers who are qualified and would benefit from our products.
- Deliver contract and close the deal as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Collaborate with Customer Service and Accounting to ensure accurate and timely delivery of product and services.
- Assist Customer Service with the upsell of new orders from existing clients
Experience and Competencies:
- Agricultural sales experience with a history of success selling to growers
- The ability to establish productive business relationships as well as sell product quickly and efficiently
- Prefer deep knowledge of the challenges and opportunities faced by growers in citrus segment of the market
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency to find and close the deal
- The ability to build relationships and communicate effectively.
- The ability to lead the charge for sales, yet collaborate internally to provide the best customer experience
- Possession of a grower network or demonstrated ability to build one in a timely manner
We provide a highly competitive base salary, compensation plan and option program.
Please provide a list of sales experience, deals closed, size, descriptions, and summary along with a cover letter and your resume.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org